PPF Calculator will help you to calculate interest on your investment you make into your PPF account. This tool will let you know the amount you will make over a period of 15 years with the investment you make into your PPF account every year. It will calculate the interest for every year and will compound it for the next year up till a period of 15 years. You need to enter few fields and the result will be shown in the tabular form as well as graphical representation that will be quiet easy for you to understand.
Some PPF Rules you need to know
- From 1.4.2014, PPF interest rates is 8.70% per annum (compounded yearly).
- Minimum Rs. 500 Maximum Rs 1,50,000 in a financial year.
- Lock-in period is of 15 years (some withdrawals can be made from the sixth year)
- Interest is tax free !
- Loan facility available from 3rd Financial Year
- The PPF account can be opened in a Post Office which is Double handed and above or in Nationalised banks ( like (SBI, PNB, Central Bank of India etc) or some authorized private banks (ICICI, HDFC, Axis Bank etc)
- Joint account cannot be opened.
- Deposits qualify for deduction from income under Sec. 80C of IT Act.
Public Provident Fund (PPF) is a long term investment plan by government of India with attractive interest rates that are fully backed by government. You can start a PPF account with a minimum of Rs 500 and a maximum of Rs 1,50,000 for a locking period of 15 years.
Lets show you how much you can make from a PPF account if you invest 1,50,000 for the period of 15 years.
Maturity amount will be = Rs 4675910 (46.8 Lakhs)
What is the interest rate on PPF?
Ans: From 1.4.2014, PPF interest rates is 8.70% per annum (compounded yearly).
Is PPF tax free?
Ans: Yes the amount is totally tax free and even the interest earned form the amount
What are the benefits of PPF account?
Ans: Tax benefit under Section 80 ‘C’ available.Maximum limit: Rs 1,50,000, Good long-term investment option, Interest Paid: 8.70%, compounded annually, Interest is fully Exempt from tax
What is the locking time period of PPF account?
Ans: 15 years
What is the lower and higher limit of amount to be deposited in PPF account PA?
Ans: Minimum Rs. 500 Maximum Rs 1,50,000 in a financial year.
Where can I open PPF account?
Ans: The PPF account can be opened in a Post Office which is Double handed and above or in Nationalised banks ( like (SBI, PNB, Central Bank of India etc) or some authorized private banks (ICICI, HDFC, Axis Bank etc)
Searched Keywords : ppf, ppf account, ppf calculator, ppf interest rate, ppf rules